Sharon Hawley

Monday, August 6, 2012

Driving to Kanab



I drove to Kanab, Utah, today, following a row of days when flash flood warnings have posted for the slot canyons in south-western Utah.  Don’t go, the warnings say.  And as if I needed more reason, clouds clapped and spewed and hailed on my drive to another motel for another month for another wait-on-the weather kind of adventure. 











But I don’t mind waiting, and have plenty of up-mountain walks mapped and ready.  They will not treat me like a spider in a storm drain.  Still, I hope to enter several of the narrow, water-carved slots that were created by days like today, but to so between creation events.

3 comments:

  1. Hello dear Sharon... we're here in the wilds of Santa Barbara, in perfect weather with Andre, my mom, Colleen... miss you already, don't put too many coins in the slot machines. We love you! Kathabela and Rick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will hunt for slot machines here in Utah; I have heard of stranger rocks and deeper canyons; who knows.

      Delete